I was born in Sapporo.
I am interested in the aplication of Singularity theory
to Differential Geometry, Theoretical Phyiscs and non-linear analysis.
My short CV:
1984: Awarded the degree of DSc in Mathematics
for a thesis entitled "Generic bifurcation
Work supervised by Professor Haruo Suzuki.
1978: April-November Department of Mathematics,
Faculty of Science, Hokkaido University,
1976-1978: Department of Mathematics,
Faculty of Science, Hokkaido University
Awarded the degree of MSc in Mathematics
for a thesis entitled
"Homotopy classification of regular
sections which are equivariant with
respect to finite group actions".
Work supervised by Professor Haruo Suzuki.
971-1975: Faculty of Science, Hokkaido University
Awarded the degree of BSc in Mathematics
We have progressed the research on local and global properties of geometric invariants for spacelike submanifolds in anti de Sitter space-time and Minkowski space-time. As a consequence, we have introduced the notion of lightlike tightness for spa...
In this research project, we applied Singularity Theory to some areas in Mathematics such as Differential Geometry, Symplectic Geometry, non-linear Partial Differential Equations etc, so that we have obtained several results. Moreover, we have obt...
The purposes of the reasearch project were improvements of several areas in Topology and Differential Geometry which are roots of Singularity theory, constructions of new field for the applications of Singularity theory and developments of the app...
In this research project, we established the fundamental results on the propagation of singualnties (or shock waves) for weak solutions of partial differential equations and the construction on new invariants in Differential Geometry as an applica...
In this research project, we established the calssification of the singularities of solution surfaces of quasi-homogeneous first order partial differential equations, viscosity solutions of Hamilton-Jacobi equations with one-space variable and mul...
2007-- A member of the editorial board, International Electoric Journal of Geometry, Ankara University, Turky
2008-- A member of the assosciated editors, Demonstratio Mathematica,
Warsaw University of Technology, Poland.
2011--2012 A member of the editorial board, ISRN Geometry,
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
2011--2014 A member of the editorial board, Advances in Pure Mathematics,
Scientific Research Publishing
2011-- A member of the editorial board,
Journal of Mathematical Society of Japan
2015-- A member of the editorial board,
Turkish Jounral of Mathematics
1) 12th MSJ-IRI "Singularity theory and its applications" The main organizer, September, 2003
2) Singularities in Generic Geometry and its Applications
--Kobe-Kyoto 2015 (Valencia IV)--
The main organizer, June, 2015
1) Ryota Hayashi, Shyuichi Izumiya and Takami Sato,
Focal surfaces and evolutes of curves in Hyperbolic space, to appear in Communications of the Korean Mathematical Society
2) Yang Jiang and Shyuichi Izumiya,
Lightcone dualities for submanifoulds in the sphere,
3) S. Izumiya, Geometry of world sheets in Lorentz-Minkowski space, to appear in RIMS Kokyuroku Bessatsu
4) S. Izumiya, Caustics of world sheets in Lorentz-Minkowski 3-space, Preprint (2014)
5) Shyuichi Izumiya, Caustics of world hyper-sheets in the Minkowski space-time, to appear in Proceedings of XIIIth symposium on real and complex singularities,
Contemporary mathematics, AMS (2016)
6) Satoshi HANANOI and Shyuichi IZUMIYA, Normal developable surfaces of surfaces along curves, preprint (2015), to appear in The Royal Society of Edinburgh Proceeding A (Mathematics)
7) Shyuichi Izumiya, Caustics and Maxwell sets of world sheets in anti-de Sitter space, preprint (2015)
8) Yang Jiang and Shyucichi Izumiya, Extrinsic flat surfaces along curves on surfaces in the three-sphere,
9) Shyuichi Izumiya, Kentaro Saji and Nobuko Takeuchi, Flat surfaces along cuspidal edges, preprint (2015)
10) Shyuichi Izumiya, Ana Claudia Nabarro and Andrea de Jesus Sacramento, Horospherical and hyperbolic dual surfaces of spacelike curves in de Sitter space, preprint (2016)
11) Shyuichi Izumiya, The theory of graph-like Legendrian unfolding:Equivalence relations, Preprint (2016)
12) Shyuichi Izumiya and Takayuki Nagai, Generalized Sabban curves in the Euclidean n-sphere and spherical duality, preprint (2016)