論文

査読有り
2015年9月

Diagnostic outcome of ureteroscopy in urothelial carcinoma of the upper urinary tract: Incidence of later cancer detection and its risk factors after the first examination

BMC UROLOGY
  • Norihiro Murahashi
  • ,
  • Takashige Abe
  • ,
  • Nobuo Shinohara
  • ,
  • Sachiyo Murai
  • ,
  • Toru Harabayashi
  • ,
  • Ataru Sazawa
  • ,
  • Satoru Maruyama
  • ,
  • Kunihiko Tsuchiya
  • ,
  • Naoto Miyajima
  • ,
  • Kanako Hatanaka
  • ,
  • Katsuya Nonomura

15
開始ページ
92
終了ページ
記述言語
英語
掲載種別
研究論文(学術雑誌)
DOI
10.1186/s12894-015-0086-6
出版者・発行元
BIOMED CENTRAL LTD

Background: To determine the incidence of later cancer detection and its risk factors after the first diagnostic ureteroscopy.
Methods: One hundred and sixty-six patients undergoing diagnostic ureteroscopy based on the suspicion of urothelial carcinoma of the upper urinary tract (UC of the UUT) between 1995 and 2012 were included. We examined the diagnostic outcome of the initial ureteroscopy. Thereafter, we collected follow-up data on patients who had not been diagnosed with UC of the UUT at the first examination, and evaluated the incidence of later cancer detection and its risk factors using Cox hazard models.
Results: Of the 166 patients, 76 (45.8 %) were diagnosed with UC of the UUT at the first diagnostic ureteroscopy. The remaining 90 (54.2 %) were diagnosed with other malignancies (n = 22), non-malignant disorders (n = 18), or without disorders (n = 50). Of these 90 patients, follow-up data were available in 65 patients (median: 41 months, range: 3-170). During the follow-up, carcinoma was detected in 6 patients (6/65, 9.2 %) at a median of 43.5 months (range: 10-59). Episodes of gross hematuria (p = 0.0048) and abnormal cytological findings (p = 0.0335) during the follow-up and a male sex (p = 0.0316) were adverse risk factors.
Conclusion: Later cancer detection of UC of the UUT was not uncommon after the first examination. The risk analysis revealed the aforementioned characteristics.

Web of Science ® 被引用回数 : 2

リンク情報
DOI
https://doi.org/10.1186/s12894-015-0086-6
PubMed
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26337178
Web of Science
https://gateway.webofknowledge.com/gateway/Gateway.cgi?GWVersion=2&SrcAuth=JSTA_CEL&SrcApp=J_Gate_JST&DestLinkType=FullRecord&KeyUT=WOS:000360521700002&DestApp=WOS_CPL

エクスポート
BibTeX RIS